Annual budgets and financial report
Revenue and capital budgets
As part of the terms of reference of the Accountancy Service, the statutory budgets are produced. These detailed budgets are summarised for Publication as the Revenue and Capital Budgets.
The budgets are split into sections that are accessible via the links below. The linked documents contain budgeted and actual expenditure. Note that actual expenditure is included for comparative purposes only and that the figures are rounded to the nearest whole pound. Whilst the rounding adjustments do not affect the accuracy of the data, they can result in minor discrepancies between the expenditure, subtotals and totals shown.
- General Fund Revenue Budget Summary (PDF) [50KB]
- Local Council Requirements (PDF) [33KB]
- Asset Maintenance Programme (PDF) [14KB]
Portfolio revenue requirements
- Business, Tourism and High Streets (PDF) [23KB]
- Environment and Coastal Services (PDF) [121KB]
- Finance, Investment and Corporate Services (PDF) [159KB]
- Housing and Homelessness Services (PDF) [56KB]
- Leader (PDF) [40KB]
- Partnering and Wellbeing (PDF) [305KB]
- People and Places (PDF) [91KB]
- Planning, Regeneration and Infrastructure (PDF) [109KB]
- Housing Revenue Account (PDF) [76KB]
- Capital Budgets Summary (PDF) [38KB]
- Business, Tourism and High Streets (PDF) [12KB]
- Environment and Coastal Services (PDF) [19KB]
- Finance, Investment and Corporate Services (PDF) [15KB]
- Housing Services (PDF) [22KB]
- Leader (PDF) [12KB]
- Partnering and Wellbeing (PDF) [11KB]
- People and Places (PDF) [15KB]
- Planning, Regeneration and Infrastructure (PDF) [32KB]
Annual financial report
We publish an Annual Financial Report in a format which is prescribed by CIPFA (The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accounting).
The accounts show how money has been spent in the financial year.
In accordance with Accounts and Audit (England) Regulations 2015, the Public Notice in regards to inspecting, questioning or objecting to the Council's Annual Financial Report, Audit of Accounts Public Notice is available:
Audit of Accounts Public Notice 2022 to 2023 (PDF) [80KB]
Audit of Accounts Public Notice 2021 to 2022 (PDF) [65KB]
The accounts for each financial year are subject to external audit, after which the Auditor's Annual Report is received.
Under the 2020 Code of Practice for Local Government bodies the Council has received from a letter from Ernst & Young LLP regarding the reason for the delay for the audit of accounts for 2021/22.
Ernst & Young LLP Letter - Audit of Accounts 2021/22 (PDF) [86KB]
You can print and circulate the annual financial report subject to copyright limitations.
Draft Annual Financial Report 2022 to 2023 (PDF) [1MB]
Draft Annual Financial Report 2021 to 2022 (PDF) [1MB]
Annual Financial Report 2020/21 (PDF) [1MB]
Annual Financial Report 2019/20 (PDF) [945KB]
Annual Financial Report 2018/19 (PDF) [1MB]
Annual Financial Report 2017/18 (PDF) [685KB]
Annual Financial Report 2016/17 (PDF) [732KB]
Annual Financial Report 2015/16 (PDF) [604KB]
Annual Financial Report 2014/15 (PDF) [713KB]