Toggle menu

Benefits and support

If you need financial help, you can apply for Housing Benefit, Council Tax Support, Universal Credit and Discretionary Housing Payments depending on your circumstances. 

Council Tax support

The Council Tax Reduction Scheme can help if you are on a low income.

Universal Credit

You can claim Universal Credit if you are out of work or on a low income.

Change in circumstances for benefits

You must inform us of any changes that could affect your benefit claim.

Upload proofs for benefit claim

You can provide documents to support a claim

Extra help with paying your rent

If you need help paying your rent, Discretionary Housing Payments may provide short-term support.

Household Support Fund

Funding to support households experiencing financial hardship with their housing costs and energy bills.

Employment, skills and training support

Information on training and apprenticeships for employers and employees.

Welfare benefits and money advice

Find out what benefits you are eligible for and get advice and support.

Overpayment of benefits

We will recover any overpayment of benefits that you may have received.

Deductions for other adults living with you

Your Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support may be reduced if you have other adults living with you


You can report instances of fraud for us to investigate.

Benefit disputes and appeals

Advice on how and when to appeal a decision of the council

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email