In September through to November 2022 we carried out a survey with our residents.
The survey asked questions about the local area and a range of council services to help our understanding of what is most important to our residents and tailor our services to meet the needs of local people.
The survey showed strong performance against national benchmarks, along with some areas for improvement identified.
Headline findings of the survey include:
- 96% of residents feel very or fairly safe in their local area in the day, and 73% after dark
- 93% of respondents are satisfied with the area as a place to live
- 89% feel their local area is a place where people get on well together
- 82% of people who contacted us about an inquiry or problem found it easy
- 93% use the internet (non-work use)
- 75% feel worried about the impact of climate change
- 66% agree that we could do more to encourage households to recycle more
- 78% are satisfied with the way we run things
- 66% of respondents feel that the council keeps residents well-informed about the services it provides
- 74% trust us a great deal or fair amount
The report with initial results can be viewed below:
Ways to give us your views
You can give us you views in the following ways: