Beach hut owners

We manage four sites with beach huts along the New Forest coast, at Calshot, Milford on Sea, Hordle Cliff and Barton on Sea.

Contact details

We are in regular contact with beach hut owners and may need to get hold of you at short notice in the event of reported damage to a beach hut. Please make sure we have your current address and phone number.


Your beach hut should be kept in a good state of repair. Please ensure all rubbish and materials are removed from the site after maintenance work so the area is kept clean for all users.

The gate at Barton will be opened between 8:30am and 3:30pm on the dates below (please note that dates may be cancelled if COVID-19 restrictions continue):

  • 30 March 2021
  • 20 April 2021
  • 4 May 2021
  • 18 May 2021
  • 8 June 2021
  • 6 July 2021
  • 7 September 2021
  • 5 October 2021
  • 2 November 2021
  • 7 December 2021
  • 4 Jan 2022
  • 1 Feb 2022
  • 1 Mar 2022

We will maintain the access steps and hand rails, regularly litter pick the beaches and empty the litter bins to help keep it tidy. Volunteer groups also hold community litter picks on the beaches. We can help you to organise a community tidy up.

Buying or selling a beach hut

We do not get directly involved in the sale of beach huts.

If you decide to sell your beach hut, you must complete and return the form in the beach hut licence conditions with the appropriate fee within 28 days of the sale. This will transfer the licence agreement to the new owner.  

Sub-letting your beach hut

The beach hut licence agreement does not allow you to sub-let or hire out your beach hut out at any time.

Fees and charges

Our Fees and charges for beach huts cover annual rental and transfer fees. 

New Forest Beach Hut Owners' Association (NFBHOA)

We work with the NFBHOA, who represent the views of beach hut owners in the New Forest. 

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email


Print this page