Paying Rent

If you are a housing tenant, leaseholder or renting a garage, you will pay rent to the council.

You can pay online now via the online form below.

Other ways you can pay

There are several other ways to pay your rent. Whichever method you use, you should always make sure you pay in advance.

Direct Debit

We recommend paying by Direct Debit. This is the easiest way to pay. You can download the Direct Debit mandate form below.

Icon for pdf Direct Debit mandate form [239.46KB]

You should print this form and complete it by hand. You can then take it to any of our Information Offices, for the attention of the Housing Business Development Team. Alternatively, you can send it by post to:

Housing Business Development
New Forest District Council
Appletree Court
Beaulieu Road
SO43 7PA

Automated payment by phone

You can make an automated payment via telephone, using a debit or credit card, by calling 0300 456 0626. 

We cannot accept payments using American Express, Diners or Electron cards.

Swipe card

You can pay using a swipe card at any PayPoint location. For details, see the PayPoint website.

To request a swipe card from us, call 023 8028 5222 or email

Online banking

You can use online banking, standing order or BACS to pay your rent. Make sure you use these details:

  • Sort code: 30-80-63
  • Account number: 29293160
  • Name: NFDC Collection Account
  • Reference: This is your seven-digit tenancy reference number.

In person

You can pay your rent in person at any of our Information Offices

Help to pay

If you are on a low income and need help to pay your rent, you may be entitled to support. Find out how to apply for housing benefit.

Dealing with arrears

If you fall into arrears, do not delay contacting us. You can call us on 023 8028 5222 or email

Whether your arrears are due to missed payments, a pending Housing Benefit or Universal Credit claim, or something else, we can find a way to help you.

If we contact you about arrears, do not ignore our letters. Our aim is to support you and find a way to help you clear the debt and avoid future arrears. Each decision will be based on your personal circumstances.

You can speak with us face to face, without making an appointment, at any of the regular drop-in sessions:

  • The Grove, Hythe: Friday 9.30am to 11.30am
  • Lymington Town Hall: Tuesday 10am to midday
  • New Milton Town Hall: Wednesday 10am to midday
  • Ringwood Gateway: Thursday 1pm to 3pm
  • Totton Civic Offices: Thursday 10am to midday

You can find the addresses for the above on our Information Offices page.

Got a question?

If the information above hasn't helped, there are a few ways you can get in touch with us:

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email


Print this page