We own garages throughout New Forest that are available to rent. We maintain a waiting list for popular locations.
Renting a garage costs £10.70 per week (£12.84 including VAT).
We can only provide garages without VAT to our named tenants or leaseholders. A maximum of two garages are VAT exempt.
We are currently unable to accept new applications for garages. We will update this page when this changes.
Applications are currently suspended
Who can rent a garage
We limit who can rent a garage from us. To rent a garage or join the waiting list, you:
- must be aged 18 years or over
- cannot owe us any money for current or former housing or garage tenancies
- must be able to demonstrate you are a proper representative if applying on behalf of an organisation.
To be fair to all applicants, we have other conditions relating to renting a garage:
- Garages must not be sublet.
- Applications for second garages are permitted, but priority will be given to those who do not currently rent a garage.
- Preference will be given to New Forest residents.
General rules for renting a garage
Before you rent a garage from us, you will receive a complete list of the terms and conditions. You should note the following:
- Four weeks of rent must be paid before we issue keys.
- Rent is payable strictly in advance and should be paid by Direct Debit.
- Personal identification, including proof of address, is required before keys are released.
- Garages are intended for storing a motor vehicle. Our garages are not guaranteed to be watertight, so general storage is discouraged.
- We accept no liability for the theft of, or damage to, items stored in a garage.
We will apply an additional charge if you need replacement keys. This charge is currently £112.88.
If we need to clear the garage, we will charge this at actual cost plus VAT.