Toggle menu

Dog issues

On this page:

Dog fouling 

You can report cases of dog fouling report to us by emailing   

Dogs continually barking 

Cases of dogs continuously barking will be investigated by our environmental health service. 

Report any incidents by emailing 

Please note that the noise caused by dogs continuously barking should be prolonged and happening at unreasonable times, such as in the middle of the night. 

Stray, lost, or found dogs 

You can report stray, lost, or found dogs to us by emailing 

For more information about stray, lost or found dogs, visit

Dog attacks

Dogs attacking other dogs

You can report an offence to the police by calling 101.  

Under Section 3 of the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991, an owner, or a person in charge of a dog, commits an offence if the dog causes reasonable apprehension that any person will be injured, regardless of whether they have been injured.  

Dogs attacking people 

You can report any dog attacks to the police by calling 101.  

Dogs attacking livestock 

Report cases of dogs attacking livestock to the police by calling 101. 

Dogs obstructing traffic 

Report cases of dogs obstructing traffic to the police by calling 101.  

If requested by the police, we may assist the police with catching, handling, and transporting the dog. If the owner cannot be traced, we will seize the dog as a stray.  

The police will provide road traffic control and ensure the safety of those nearby.  

Prohibited breeds

Prohibited breeds, such as dogs bred for fighting, can be reported to the police by calling 101. 

Prohibited breeds are classified in Section 1 of the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991.   

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email