Toggle menu

Extra care housing

Extra care housing is for those who value their independence but need extra care and support for everyday living. This offers more support than sheltered housing.

Extra care housing is available to those on our Homesearch Housing Register who have an assessed care need. Couples where one person has a care need can still live together. We prioritise those with a local connection and who have limited resources.

Assessments of care needs are performed by Hampshire County Council Adult's Health and Care department.

To request an assessment of your care need, call 0300 555 1386.

Find out more about our Extra Care Housing on Hampshire County Council's website.

Further information

We have 3 current and 1 forthcoming extra care housing schemes in the New Forest:

  • Winfrid House in Totton
  • Gore Grange in New Milton
  • Barfields in Lymington
  • Wooldridge View in New Milton, coming at the end of the year

Extra care schemes have their own secure entry, with a care manager and trained care staff available 24 hours. All flats are self-contained and have equipment to call for emergency help. The buildings include a comfortable lounge and shared gardens.

For an informal conversation and to learn more, call us on 0238 028 5249 or email

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email