Toggle menu

Help if you have a health condition or a disability

Check if you or your family may be entitled to benefits for those experiencing illness or disability.

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) (for adults under state retirement age), Attendance Allowance (for those over state retirement age) and Disability Living Allowance (DLA) (for children under 16, for new claims) are not means-tested.

The assessment considers the way that your health conditions affect your daily living and mobility needs.

Receiving these benefits may increase entitlement to other benefits such as Pension Credit and Council Tax Support.

Seek advice if you are already claiming a disability benefit such as Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for adults, as your award will stop if you claim Personal Independence Payment (PIP) instead.

If you're too unwell to work, you may be entitled to New Style Employment and Support Allowance and, or Universal Credit with Limited Capability for Work or Work Related Activity.

New Forest Disability offer free, impartial, confidential disability related information, advice and guidance for anyone of any age affected by any disability contact.

Get free and impartial energy saving advice from Hampshire County Council hitting the cold spots webpage or call 0800 804 8601.

Check whether you are eligible to apply for Council Tax support.

You may also be eligible for help from the Household Support Fund.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email