Toggle menu

Help if you have children

Use this childcare calculator on GOV.UK to find out how much you could get towards approved childcare, including:

  • free childcare for children aged between two and four
  • help with childcare costs if your child is under 16 (or under 17 and disabled)

You can also visit Help with childcare costs on GOV.UK.

New Forest residents of working age who claim means-tested benefits, such as Universal Credit or employment and support allowance, may be eligible to apply for Council Tax support.

You may be eligible for help from the Household Support Fund.

If you or your child receive certain benefits, you can apply for free school meals from Year 3 and above.

For help with children's clothes, school uniforms, baby equipment, and household items in the south of the New Forest (New Milton, Ashley, Pennington and Lymington) you may wish to contact Step Up Safe Space

If you live within a 25 mile radius of Ringwood, Acts 4 Sharing may be also able to help.

Check if your child is eligible for free holiday provision through the Holiday Activities and Food Programme running in the summer and Christmas holidays.

If you're at least 10 weeks pregnant or have a child under four years old, you might be able to get free vitamins and a Healthy Start card for milk, fruit and vegetables and infant formula milk.  You may also be entitled to a one-off payment of £500 to help towards the cost of having a child, known as the Sure Start Maternity grant.  

Get free and impartial energy saving advice from Hampshire County Council hitting the cold spots webpage or call 0800 804 8601.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email