Toggle menu

Foreign pension, proof of life and residence

If you are a British, Irish, Commonwealth or European Union citizen and receive a pension from another country, we can provide a stamp on your 'Proof of life' form to confirm your residency in the UK.

Each person named on the 'Proof of life' form will need to attend one of our information offices at either Lymington, Lyndhurst, New Milton or Hythe, and bring the following:

  • the 'Proof of life' form you need us to authorise
  • a valid passport, driver's licence, bus pass or other photo ID

You will also need to bring one of the following to prove your address:

  • a utility bill dated no more than 3 months before the date of your appointment
  • a bank or building society statement or passbook dated no more than 1 month before the date of your appointment
  • a Council Tax bill dated no more than 1 year before the date you attend our offices

Our Information Officers will not certify the form without the correct proof of identity and cannot offer advice on completing the form or a translation service.

There is no need to book an appointment and there is no fee for this service.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email