View or comment on a planning application
You can search planning applications in your area, follow their progress and submit comments through our online planning application system.
By viewing planning applications online, you will be accepting the terms and conditions of use.
On this page:
Terms and conditions
Plans, drawings and materials submitted to the council are protected by the Copyrights Act (*Section 47, 1988 Act). You may only use the material which is downloaded and/or printed for consultation purposes, to compare current applications with previous schemes and to check whether developments have been completed in accordance with approved plans. Further copies must not be made without prior permission of the copyright owner.
Property planning histories
The online planning history contained within the site may be incomplete. New Forest District Council accepts no responsibility for any errors or omissions in the online planning history information and it must not be used as a substitute for carrying out a formal Land Charges search.
View planning applications
Our online planning application system allows you to:
- search and view details about planning, listed building and tree works applications
- comment on planning, listed building and tree works applications
- save searches and track applications
- receive email alerts.
Documentation associated with planning applications from 1974 onwards is available to view online. Any third party comments received are removed one year after the decision is made.
Some documents for applications submitted between 1948 and 1974 can be made available upon request. Note that retrieving these can take up to two weeks. Requests should be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 023 8028 5345.
Comment on planning applications
The quickest way to send us your views on a planning application is to submit comments online .
Alternatively, you can send us your comments in writing, quoting the reference number and address details of the application.
New Forest District Council
Please note that when submitting a comment online, the form will time out after 30 minutes if no actions are taken as a security measure, if you think it may take longer than this to submit your comment you may chose to copy and paste this from outside the form.
Please do not include any personal information (e.g. telephone number or email address) within the body of any comments you make. We take all reasonable steps to remove signatures and personal e mail addresses and phone numbers from comments although your name and address will be made visible. All representations made in writing become part of the application file and are open to be viewed and copied by the applicant or other members of the public. Representations made cannot be treated as confidential or kept private.
Comments received must relate to planning matters.
- the proposal being in conflict with either the local or national planning policies
- traffic generation, highway safety and parking
- overshadowing, overlooking and loss of privacy
- disturbance through noise, dust, fumes or other loss of amenities
- out of character with its surroundings, including street scene and landscape
- harm to the setting of a listed building or character of a conservation area.
The following are considerations that normally are not taken into account:
- loss of property value
- issues of market competition
- loss of a view
- potential difficulties in property maintenance
- disturbance caused by construction work
- matters covered by other legislation, including restrictive covenants on land
- issues relating to land ownership/property boundaries
- moral or religious issues.
Representations may not be accepted in the following circumstances:
- where the communications contain sensitive personal details about any individual, including the person making the representation, we may not be able to accept letters that go into personal details (this would include comments about an applicant's motives, character or personal circumstances)
- communications which we consider to contain defamatory or offensive comment will neither be published nor taken into account when a decision on an application is reached.
Track planning applications
We can inform you when a planning application is updated. This involves sending you an email when a decision is made or an appeal has been lodged.
To allow this, you will need to register with our online planning application system. There is no charge for registration. You can register online using the link below.