To undertake any election duties, you must:
- be at least 18 years old
- be entitled to work in the UK and able to provide one of the following:
- a valid passport
- a full birth certificate issued in the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Ireland, plus an official document giving your permanent National Insurance number
- a residence permit, registration certificate or document showing you are entitled to live in the UK permanently.
How to apply
If you are interested and available to work for us during this election you can apply using the form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, home address, and email and telephone contact details.
Apply to work at elections
You will be sent an email requesting to set up an MEA (Mobile Election Account) account, please follow all steps to create this account.
This will be how the election team then correspond with you.
Fees for these roles are paid the same across Hampshire and are agreed by the Hampshire and Isle of Wight election fees working party.
The fees are:
- Presiding Officer, £255.00
- Poll Clerk, £160.00
- Count Assistant, £14.00 per hour for a daytime count
- £17.00 per hour for a night-time, weekend or bank holiday count.
Job description: Poll Clerk
Job description: Count Assistant
Job description: Presiding Officer