Completing a unilateral undertaking

As part of the application process your planning case officer will let you know of any planning obligations that may be needed.  If the requirements only relate to habitat mitigation and air quality monitoring then you may be able to secure those by completing a Unilateral Undertaking online.

On this page:

Where can I find the unilateral undertaking?

You can download and complete the form using the link below:

 Icon for word Deed for Unilateral Undertaking [32.01KB]

What do I need to do to complete the agreement?

Before signing the agreement please send an unsigned draft of the agreement together with the following information.

The undertaking must be submitted to us together with:

  • a red line plan specific to the Unilateral Undertaking and annexed to it. The plan should be in accordance with the planning application.
  • your financial contribution
  • a checking fee of £50. 
  • completed front page with financial contributions payable.

The checking fee will be used to ensure that the title deeds and contribution are correct. This fee is non-refundable.

Once we have checked that everything needed is there we will then ask for a signed and dated version to be submitted.

How do I submit the unilateral undertaking?

Do not amend the words contained in the UU. Only fill in the blanks where necessary

The agreement can be emailed to

Please note that due to the length of time taken to receive cleared funds, cheques will not be accepted.

Payment can be made using the online form below

alternatively you can call us on 023 8028 5345 (option 1) 

What if my application is refused?

Where planning permission is refused, and the financial contribution has been paid in advance of the decision, we will endeavour to refund the contribution six months after the decision was made. This refund will not include the £50 checking fee.

If a Unilateral Undertaking has not been submitted as part of the application process and an appeal is submitted, then this Unilateral Undertaking is not suitable and you should discuss with your planning agent the best approach to take.

What if I am paying the Community Infrastructure Levy?

If Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) is paid, or confirmed to be paid on the application, the infrastructure contribution will be credited towards the total CIL payment due. Any CIL notices that are issued will make this clear.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email


Print this page