The Executive Management Team (EMT) comprises of:
- Interim Chief Executive, Colin Read
- Executive Head Governance and Housing, Grainne O'Rourke
- Executive Head Partnership and Operations, Manjit Sandhu
- Executive Head Financial, Alan Bethune
- Executive Head Planning, Regeneration and Economy, Claire Upton-Brown
It works to maximise the capacity and effectiveness of the council in delivering the council's corporate plan.
The Executive Management Team is the main interface between the Cabinet and the officers employed to serve the organisation and the community.
It ensures that the 19 service areas of the council are all working together in meeting the objectives set, whilst serving the people of the New Forest.
The Executive Management Team has collective responsibility for managing the second largest shire district council in England.
Serving 180,000 residents and running a budget of £104 million, a staff of 758 (Full Time Equivalent) and ultimately leading an organisation that co-ordinates and delivers a diverse range of services, many of which are delivered in partnership with other public sector bodies, the third sector and with the help of the local community.
Executive heads and service managers structure
Our management structure consists of our executive heads and service managers.
Grainne O'Rourke - Executive Head of Governance and Housing
Responsible for 8 service managers:
- Brian Byrne, Estates Management, CCTV, Community Safety and Community Alarms
- Ritchie Thomson, Housing Maintenance
- Matt Wisdom, Democratic Services
- Richard Knott, Housing Options, Rents, Support, and Private Sector Housing
- Rebecca Drummond, Elections and Business Improvement
- Richard Fudge, Housing Compliance and Asset Management)
- Tim Davis, Housing Strategy and Development
- Ian Austin, Legal
Manjit Sandhu - Executive Head Partnership and Operations
Responsible for 2 service managers:
- Chris Noble, Waste and Transport
- Joanne McClay, Environmental and Regulation
Alan Bethune - Executive Head Financial and Corporate Services
Responsible for 4 service managers:
- Ryan Stevens, Revenue and Benefits
- Heleana Aylett, Human Resources
- Andrew Smith, Estates and Valuation
- Vacant, ICT
Claire Upton-Brown - Executive Head Planning, Regeneration and Economy
responsible for 3 service managers
- Louise Evans, Policy and Strategy
- David Norris, Development Management
- Steve Cook, Coastal