The Executive Management Team (EMT) comprises of:
- Chief Executive, Bob Jackson
- Deputy Chief Executive and Executive Head of Operations, Colin Read
- Executive Head of Governance and Housing, Grainne O'Rourke
- Executive Head of Resources, Manjit Sandhu
- Chief Planning Officer, Claire Upton-Brown
- Head of Finance, Alan Bethune.
It works to maximise the capacity and effectiveness of the Council in delivering the Council's Corporate Plan.
The Executive Management Team is the main interface between the Cabinet and the officers employed to serve the organisation and the community.
It ensures that the 19 service areas of the council are all working together in meeting the objectives set, whilst serving the people of the New Forest.
The Executive Management Team has collective responsibility for managing the second largest shire district council in England.
Serving 180,000 residents and running a budget of £104 million, a staff of 758 (Full Time Equivalent) and ultimately leading an organisation that co-ordinates and delivers a diverse range of services, many of which are delivered in partnership with other public sector bodies, the third sector and with the help of the local community.
Executive heads and service managers structure
Our management structure consists of our exexutive heads and service managers.
Colin Read - Executive Head of Operations
Responsible for 5 service managers:
- Rob Lane, Streetscene
- Steve Jones, Open Spaces
- Chris Noble, Waste and Recycling
- Joanne McClay, Environmental and Regulation
- Steve Cook, Building and Coastal Services
Grainne O'Rourke - Executive Head of Governance and Housing
Responsible for 8 service managers:
- Andrew Kinghorn - Legal
- Brian Byrne, Estates Management, CCTV, Community Safety and Community Alarms
- Ritchie Thomson, Housing Maintenance (Operations)
- Matt Wisdom, Democratic Services & Member Support
- Richard Knott, Housing Options, Rents, Support & Private Sector Housing
- Rebecca Drummond, Elections and Business Improvement
- Richard Fudge, Housing Maintenance (Compliance & Asset Management)
- Tim Davis, Housing Development and Strategy
Manjit Sandhu - Executive Head of Resources
Responsible for 3 service managers:
- Heleana Aylett, Human Resources
- Rob Beere, ICT
- Joanne Bailey, Health and Leisure
Alan Bethune - Head of Finance
Responsible for 2 service managers:
- Ryan Stevens, Revenue and Benefits
- Andrew Smith, Estates and Valuation
Claire Upton-Brown - Chief Planning Officer
responsible for 1 service manager
- Louise Evans, Policy and Strategy.
which also includes team leaders.