Search site
Roads, highways and pavements

Roads, highways and pavements

Maintenance of signs, lines, street lights and roads generally (i.e. repairing what is there and/or replacing what was there) plus winter maintenance is arranged by Hampshire County Council.

See or call 0300 555 1388

For Street Light Maintenance (including NFDC's public car parks) please either report faults on line at Lights on in Hampshire or contact Hampshire County Council on FreePhone 0800 506060.  Each street light is numbered at head height on the lamp post. It is helpful to know this number when reporting a problem.

For Highways Development Control, contact: Hampshire County Council Highways, Jacobs Gutter Lane, Hounsdown, Totton. SO40 9TQ or call 0300 555 1388.

For Road Adoption and Highway Status Enquiries, please call 0300 555 1388

For Rights of Way maps online, please see here.

Grass Cutting in built up areas is arranged by New Forest District Council or telephone 023 8028 5000. Rural verges are cut approximately twice a year by Hampshire County Council.

Street Cleansing as well as abandoned vehicles and cars for sale on the highway, are dealt with by New Forest District Council or telephone 023 8028 5000. They also deal with the removal of dead animals from most roads.

For Street Name Plates (requests, maintenance and repairs), please contact

Updated: 2 Oct 2019
Powered by GOSS iCM